Saturday, September 26, 2009

Wise Men Still Seek Him


This morning when I woke up and checked Facebook, I saw that one of Bethany's friends from both high school and college, Tandi, had posted that she is singing Christmas tunes this morning! Had to chuckle at that since it is only September! However,the thought of "wise men still seek Him" immediately sprang into my mind, so I must thank Tandi for the inspiration.
The Bible has a lot to say about seeking and searching. If you ever check your concordance for Scripture on these words, I am sure some of your favorite and most beloved verses will appear.
2 Chronicles 7:14 is one of those: "..and if my people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and SEEK my face and turn from thedir wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."
Seek Him. Seek Him. Seek His face. What does God's face look like do you think?
Words like holy, pure, loving, kind spring to my mind.
There are many promises to those who seek Him: Psalm 119:2 says "How blessed are those who observe His testimonies, who SEEK Him with all their heart."
Psalm 34:10b observes "But those who seek the Lord shall not be in want of any good thing."
I heard a wonderful testimony from a dear friend who was not privileged to be raised in a Christian home. She was an adult when she heard the gospel for the first time, and the message puzzled her. She just didn't "get it". But she wanted to! She desired to have the peace and purpose that Christian women around her had. So she spent days praying and reading Scripture. Finally, on the third day, she was filled with the Holy Spirit. She saw the light and everything "clicked" in her mind and spirit. She experienced what Proverbs 8:17 says: "I love those who love Me; and those who diligently seek Me will find Me."
Today and every day, I vow to seek more of Him who loved me and sent His Son to redeem me.

No comments: