Thursday, June 10, 2010

New Things

Summer is here (0k, not officially, yet) and with it are NEW THINGS.
First of all, I have started a new schedule at Verizon Wireless. I am now working Tues, Wed and Friday. This is my first week of working that schedule and let me now report: I think having every Monday off is going to agree with me : )
Also, with this new season is a new schedule for my off days. My Thursday morning Bible study, CBS (communitybiblestudy.org), has ended for the summer. The Thurs afternoon study that I teach at The Woodlands has also ended. The men and women voted and decided to do a summer hiatus. This vote was taken after Audrey revealed that, through prayer, the Lord told her I needed a rest. I felt like I had been caught! Deer in the headlights! It was true; my fall/winter/spring was pretty overbooked.
I am sad to say my time of babysitting Isaiah and Sam on Tuesdays is also over. I enjoyed this so much more than I thought I would!!! Those little guys are so lovable. They constantly made me laugh and brought a lot of joy to my life. A little peek at the joys being a grandma will bring. Isaiah taught me so much. What a smart kid! I learned new games like Mexican train. If you don't know how to play, Isaiah can teach you!! It's a game for adults and children, though most 4 yr olds will not be able to grasp it. Isaiah is an exception. Sam, well, Sam and I bonded. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.
I will say I needed a nap every Tuesday afternoon after being with them!
Jon came up with a new time of the year to take a vacation: the day after Memorial Day. He and I went to Cape May, NJ, and we had a fab time. The weather was mostly sunny and very warm; many days we had the pool all to ourselves. We went on a boat cruise to dolphin and whale watch; a horse and buggy ride through the town to see all the gorgeous Victorian architecture; and dining out that gave me a new appreciation for seafood. The sun, the beach, and the refreshing pool water melted away all the stress of that difficult winter weather.
So, Summer: bring on the new!

1 comment:

HB said...

Sam includes you in all his pretend play. Both boys have been all confused about what day of the week it is, now that we don't have Patty day. Lol!