Monday, September 7, 2009

It's time to paint!


The kitchen remodel is finally, finally at the point of PAINTING! My friend Sally begins tomorrow with Banana Cream for the walls, and Cottage White for the crown moulding and the rest of the trim.
Seeing that Ed is doing my remodel as a favor, the timetable has been a slow and easy, relaxed pace. Barb and Ed took a ten day trip to Boston in the midst of the remodel; Hunter has started a two-day-a-week preschool in the midst of the remodel and Ed has done various and sundry other jobs for friends.
One of the coooooolest things Ed did during the makeover was to remove a cupboard above my stove, install a microwave, and then RE-MAKE the old cupboard. I thought he was crazy when he said he wanted to take the cupboard home and play with it. But guess what? The smaller cabinet looks like it came direct from the factory! His workmanship is THAT GOOD.
Sunday Ed turned me on to Builders Surplus in Butler. The kind man at the store let me bring two entire planks of wood home to test in my kitchen, rather than those six inch samples that Lowes and Home Depot let you BUY. I think I have found the floor I want at this discount outlet, and it will probably be 1/3 off the cost of a floor from the other home improvement stores.
The pitcher that is pictured in this blog belonged to Jon's grandma. I am using this pitcher as inspiration for my color scheme. Once the room is painted, I plan to use accents in green (the color of the tv room) and blue (the color of the living room).
Pictures will be posted when all is completed.

2 comments:

Shari said...

I wish we had the money to hire Ed to finish our downstairs bedrooms. He has some great ideas!

I can't wait to see the paint and final look when it's all done. Be sure to post some photos!

Blake said...

I can't wait to see it when its all done.