Saturday, May 1, 2010

Jaime and Steve get married


For those of you who have been following Weddobsessed (weddobsessed.com), you know that yesterday was THE BIG DAY. Jaime and Steve are officially husband and wife! I am sure that Mrs. Dray wants to reveal the final details of her glorious day herself, but let me give you a few snippets from a guest's point of view:

1) The wedding programs lift up the name of Jesus. On the last page of the beautiful booklet, Jamie and Steve have a note to friends and family. They talk about how marriage is the greatest example of how Christ loves the church.....and how He invites all to be a part of his family. "We pray you all will come to know the fullness of Him as we have" AMEN
2)They honored their families beautifully. And the Pastor gave a stirring witness of Jaime's dad, Ron Carter, and his life of holiness lived before his family, his church and his community right before he asked, "Who gives this girl to be married?" What a tribute!
3)Loved that Jaime went with my suggestion of Ecclesiates ("two are better than one for they have a good reward for their labor...a cord of 3 strands is not easily broken") as one of her Scripture readings. Really was taking credit for it, til Mary told me it was read at her wedding as well (and Jaime was in that wedding).
4)Jaime's gown could not have been a more perfect choice for her. And in her single days, I saw her try on quite a few gowns. She was stunning.
5) The love the Pastors have for Jaime and Steve could not have been more evident. There was not one impersonal, cookie-cutter word in the ceremony.
6) The words of affirmation that the Pastor spoke over Steve were a word of knowledge, I believe, as well as a blessing. I am excited to see Steve fulfill all that was said. Steve, he set the bar really high for you but with the annointing of the Holy Spirit, you will be that bold witness he spoke about.
7. "You are flesh of my flesh, bone of my bone"....song that was sung, beautifully, by a church member, Jean. One of Jon and I's favorites from Chrisitan artist Leon Patillo back in the 80's. If you don't know it, you need to hear it. I will sing it for you.
The reception deserves a whole separate blog!


1 comment:

L said...

Thanks for a little 'sneak peek' of their day. I'm sure it was beautiful!