Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mothers day weekend

Although the weather was iffy at best, Mother's Day weekend was still smashing!
Friday night kicked it all off with Jon taking me, the mother of his children, to a special evening out at Hyde Park on the North Shore. Situated between Heinz Field and PNC Park, valet parking is a must. I requested as they sat us that we get a banquet--a half round booth that is slightly elevated --because it gives you a really good view of who else is dining in style that night. We had marvelous conversation and laughs, and the food there is to die for. Josh, our waiter, felt like an old friend. If you go, you must have the wedge salad, and I recommend the steak Johnny Sakko-style. The creme brulee was YUM and we were both glad we got a plate of fresh berries and whipped cream as well.
I had the pleasure of having MY THREE SONS (Josh, Jer and Levi) around for the weekend, and the three of them made Saturday enjoyable. I was feeling a little under the weather, and dozed on and off all day. Levi was entertained by Josh and Jer and Jon as they played a ton of Wii and Levi also rode his new scooter in our cul de sac while Jon mowed the lawn. Saturday night we watched the Penguin game with food provided by Josh. Wings, lounge fries, and stuffed pretzels were great victory game food.
Sunday we worshiped with our church family and chilled til we went to my sister Beth's home in Shaler where 25 or so of my side of the family gathered. Bethany and Brad came (yeah! I had been missing them!); they had spent part of the weekend with his family at their cabin in the Laurel Highlands.
My mom, who is a gem, was thrilled to get a new cell phone; I rang it while she opened the package :)
Getting together at Beth's is always fun, as she is a great hostess. The weather didnt permit us to spend a lot of time outdoors, but Levi did manage to fall part-way into her pool (wet up to one knee)......
Once back at home, Bethany and Brad surprised me with tickets to go with them to see The Producers at Civic Light Opera this summer! Score!











So glad I'm a mom...I have great kids!





1 comment:

B.W. said...

you forgot to mention dinner out with the show and the clutch purse!!!

i didnt know you rang the phone while gma opened it! too funny!