Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Double knot


Did you teach your children to double knot their shoes? The premise being that, if your shoelaces are double-knoted, they are less likely to become untied.

Well, I believe the case we are involved in with Children and Youth services has become quadruple-knotted as of today. A very complicated case has just become even more so, times ten.

What that means to us is, we will more than likely still have these children when the calendar turns to 2011. Our original commitment was 3 months. We are definitely looking at five to six months. xxx

Since I had a pretty bad evening yesterday (nothing was going right!) I had to have a pretty good talk with myself today when I faced reality.

My conclusion: ( and I need your help holding myself to these)

I am going to try not to sweat the small stuff.

I am going to enjoy the hilarious and endearing personalities of these 3 little souls more every day.

I am going to try not to sweat the small stuff.

I am going to fill my freezer with frozen entries.

I am going to use paper plates more often.

I am going to try not to sweat the small stuff.

I am going to do a better job using the resources around me.

I am going to try to remember that these six months of my life are a drop in the bucket compared to the 598+ months I have been alive.

I am going to pray more.

I am going to try not to sweat the small stuff.


2 comments:

HB said...

How in the world have they extended it by two to three months?! It sounds complicated.

L said...

Lots of prayers headed your way! Please let me know what you need/what we can do to help!

Love you all!