Saturday, December 4, 2010

Oh What a Night!


Last night Big Guy and I travelled to Bellaire, Ohio, just over the W Va border to watch our baby boy coach his first high school basketball game.

It was a blast!

Sometimes watching high school sports can be a little like watching paint dry. Not so on the new hardwood floor at the gym of St John Central. Jeremy had his boys ready to play Jefferson Christian.

In his coaching debut, his Fighting Irish players dominated, winning by 22 points!

The crowd was really into it, including the student dressed as a Leprechaun. The gym was decorated with signs for the boys, orange basketballs with the name of each player. There was even a basketball sign that said "Coach Grubbs".

When the score was 4-3 in favor of Jer's team, I looked over, and my better half was tearing up. I said, "Are you crying because he's winning his first game?"....at which point I was told to look the other way. I trust none of you will tell on me that I revealed that :)

One of my favorite moments was when I went out in the hallway at half time. There on the wall was this sign: WE LOVE COACH GRUBBS

So do I, St. John fans. So do I.

1 comment:

HB said...

That's awesome! Go Jer!